Thursday, January 19, 2006

Music makes the world go round

So I've been finding some really good music lately. My new favorites that I'm listening to are Fall Out Boy and The Decemberists. Their respective albums are really good and I especially enjoy having cds that I want to listen to all the way through. I really haven't felt that way about a new band since The Killers and the Postal Service. Actually I really enjoyed the Black Eyed Peas cd that came out this summer, that was good too.

The Decemberists kinda remind me of The Shins, which was another good cd from last year haha. I guess its good to move away from classic rock once in awhile. Because of my summer discovering The Who and taking those Kruth classes, I stopped paying too much attention to new music (as The Beatles comes on my playlist). I like listening to a bunch of new music all at once at the moment.

Something else I've had on my iTunes forver is the new White Stripes cd. I know its supposed to not be one of their better ones, but I definitely take notice when one of their songs come on. I think if I really started to listen to the whole album I would find that I like it alot.

Most unexpected part of my day: watching the babysitter's club movie with beth! Alex Mack, Rachel Leigh Cook, and the girl from Orange County were all in it!!! Star studded!!!

No comments: