Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Moaning Good Time at the Cineplex

So tonight Dan D. and I go to the movies to see The Holiday. Which I enjoyed, very cute, it was aiming to be like Love Actually, but Love Actually was better. But I still enjoyed it, (it was Dan's third time going to see it). Anyway... toward the last 20 or 15 minutes of the movie I hear something coming from another member of the audience. It wasn't a laugh... or a sigh... but maybe a grumble? I didn't think much about it and put my full concentration on Jude Law. Then, we hear a loud MOAN come from the middle of the theater. There was no way to mistake it, it was a mooooaaaan. And about 30 seconds later we hear it again! Which led Dan and I to believe that this guy was getting head in the theater. And it wasn't like this was an empty theater either, it was pretty full! Being the mature people that we are, Dan and I laughed uncontrolably. We tried to hide it because it wasn't a funny part of the movie and we didn't want to disrupt those around us, but in retrospect... I think an audible moan in a movie theater is more disruptive than laughter! But we were forced to do the "silent laugh" in the theater which consisted of me quietly shaking in my seat and covering my face while Dan had to bite on his cheek to keep from laughing. It was so difficult to keep quiet, and I was crying from laughing so hard. So after the movie/sex session, We deduced that this man's girlfriend... or boyfriend... pleaded with him to take her to see "The Holiday" and her final offer was, "If you take me, I'll give you head in the movie theater." So Mystery Moaning Man from the 7:05 showing of "The Holiday" at the Ritz 16 Theater, all I want to know is... were you thinking of Cameron Diaz... or Jude Law?

No comments: