Monday, January 15, 2007

One Hour into the Globes...

So its about an hour into the Golden Globes and things are going well, I'm happy for Jennifer Hudson and Eddie Murphy for their wins. I love Meryl Streep and Hugh Laurie's acceptance speeches, I like when people are kinda real and off the cuff with their speeches. I like Sienna Miller's dress, but I could do without her hair. I also think that Sarah Jessica Parker, Drew Barrymore, Angelina Jolie, Reese Witherspoon look lovely. I think its funny how last year people like Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix were all the rage, and now this year nobody cares as much about them. They're still big stars and very talented, but its weird how public favor can change so quickly if you're out of the spotlight for awhile. Now this year everyone is talking about Jennifer Hudson, but next year will she be as big of a deal as everyone is making right now? I almost feel bad for the people who are "so last year," but as Andy Warhol said, "everyone gets their 15 minutes."

No comments: